Saturday 31 December 2016

Zwoek ‎– "Zwoek" (Kaisettes ‎– Kaisettes 03) 1982

Interesting foggy and dark minimal electronic weirdness from some unknown Dutch geezers. Some parts are like a recording of an early Residents backing track from below in the basement. Other parts are like sitting in an East German car listening to a malfunctioning 8-track tape player, while it fills up with exhaust fumes in the rain. You get the picture, even if you are looking and listening through several layers of damp smog.
Just the music to play as you have an early night on New Years Eve to avoid all that enforced jollity. I don't see anything to celebrate. We should be wearing black arm bands in mourning the passing of another murderous year , another year with no steps forward and two steps backwards.
Enough pessimism; at least 2017 will bring us reality TV star, and three time bankrupt xeno-misogynist Donald Trump, as leader of the western world while it enters its death throes. The end of this toxic system may actually be something to celebrate? At least we may possibly extend the planets life span by a few decades if we drag China with us(they'll have no mugs to sell stuff to)?......Happy New Year!?

Tracklist:

A1 Untitled
A2 Untitled
A3 Untitled
A4 Untitled
A5 Untitled
B1 Untitled
B2 Untitled
B3 Untitled
B4 Untitled

4 comments:

rev.b said...

I can only echo your outlook. The holidays have seemed muted and somber this time around. I see nothing to be hopeful about in 2017. 2016 confirmed for me how shallow and crude humanity has become. It's not like I was unaware of it, I'd just hoped I was wrong. Therefore, mr trump will honestly convey to the world what we've descended into.

Judas Vigilante said...

Humanity has become a shadow of it's former self. I agree. 2017 is just one giant leap closer to the point of no return. But I DO love this Zwoek release. Fine fucking noise.

the saucer people said...

Ziwzih Ziwzih OO-OO-OO erm... Zwoek!

Having spent the last year or so without the net has been an absolute godsend as it's finally given me the chance to really listen to all the music I've downloaded from a handful of blogs that seem to have all disappeared (biggest loss is Yasswaddah and his wonderful fuck-your elitist commodity fetishism VoD rips in FLAC).

So it's wonderful to see DieOrDIY hasn't given up the ghost and now I have a whole shit load of new music to listen to while living inside the black iron prison AKA Planet Earth reaches new heights of utter absurdity... If you liked fascism, you'll love Planet Trump.

Anyway, hope you're well JZ and these Zwoek Rocking Beats from 1982 beat the shit out of anything from 2016.

Jonny Zchivago said...

I was wondering where you went to!...thought i did something to upset you.
Yes, Yasswaddah is a sad loss...anyone who fucks off Frank VoD is ok by me.

Absolutely ...fuck 2016...and double fuck 2017....I'll stick to my pre-21st century cocoon.